We traveled to Anchorage for the Thanksgiving holiday so that Jarom could play in a hockey tournament. It’s fun having him back out on the ice again after taking a couple of years off. We were there for 4 days and had a grand time. However, I don’t know what it is about sitting and watching hockey games that just wears me out.
Haha I love this picture of these two in their turkey induced comas post dinner,
sleeping through watching football.
I think I will spare you all of the grisly details of our whole trip and just give you the condensed version with a few of the high and low points. Here they are in random order:
HIGH POINTS OF OUR TRIP
- spending Thanksgiving with our rarely seen cousins
- getting to leave town and go to the “big” city
- no one throwing up in the car on the drive. It was touch and go there for a while
- getting to spend 4 days in a hotel
- Thanksgiving dinner that I didn’t have to cook
- No turkey to debone after dinner
- Chocolate Cream and Pumpkin Pie
- not having to do laundry or make a single meal for 4 days
- going to see “Frozen” in the theater
- swimming in the hotel pool
- getting pizza and just hanging out
- Jarom having a hockey stick (see low points)
- having a big bull moose jump a 6 foot high fence and run into the road right in front of us in downtown Anchorage
- getting to watch Jarom play hockey
- Jarom’s team taking second in the tournament, YAY!
LOW POINTS OF OUR TRIP
- 7 hour car trip each way
- cutting my forehead open on a glass shelf in the hotel bathroom
- Jarom leaving his hockey stick at home and worrying that we wouldn’t be able to get him a new one
- falling backward off the bed and getting a huge bruise on my arm (I don’t think I’m normally as klutzy as this trip is making me seem)
- one of my girls (who shall remain nameless) accidentally kicking her cousin just above the eye and cutting it open, and having it bleed all over
- Jarom loosing his nice coat somewhere
- my sister-in-law’s back bothering her so bad she had to be taken to the urgent care, and then the emergency room all in one evening
- having a big bull moose jump a 6 foot high fence and run into the road right in front of us, in downtown Anchorage. Shawn was worried the people behind us were going to rear-end us when we slammed on the brakes
- Jarom’s team taking second in the tournament, 🙁 They were so disappointed that they lost.
Overall it was a great weekend, and I hope you had as great of a Thanksgiving as we did (minus the cuts and bruises!)