Shawn was chosen as the lucky person from his office to attend the Construction Expo being held in Vegas this year, and I am so glad that he invited me to come along and spend some quality, almost alone, time with him.
You might be asking yourself, “What are two people who don’t drink and gamble going to do in Vegas for 5 days?” Well, here are some of the highlights of our trip:
- My first ever limo ride (Shawn has pictures on his phone, I will have to see if he can email them to me)
- Going to the M&M store and getting all different kinds and colors of M&Ms to take back to my kids
- Seeing the indoor shark tank in Mandalay Bay
- Eating out at a different restaurant every night
- Going to the top of the Eiffel Tower in the Paris Hotel
- Attending an art gallery and seeing an actual, real painting, by one of my all time favorite artists, Mary Cassatt
- Attending the “Tournament of Kings Show” at the Excalibur Hotel (you can see a preview here)
- Seeing Bill Engvall Live (He is one of Shawn’s favorite comedians)
- Seeing the fountain show at the Bellagio Hotel
And, can I just say how incredibly awesome it was to be able to put on my sandals and my capris and walk around outside without a coat on in March. It was a slice of heaven. It reminded me that the world isn’t frozen over and that soon Alaska won’t be either, usually around March you really, really, need that reminder.